Certain songs and/or albums when listened to, immediately convey a place, a feeling, a time or more specifically a person. These are just a few songs that fit into that category for me. I’ll leave it up to you to guess which selection they should be filed under.
- The Raveonettes – Uncertain Times
- Yaz – Only You
- XTC – That Wave
- Aztec Camera – Oblivious
- Slowdive – Option One
- Smiths – Hand In Glove
- Stranglers – Golden Brown
- Secret Machines – First Wave Intact
- Of Montreal – It’s Just So
- Talk Talk – I Believe In You
- BoB Marley – Three Little Birds
- Love & Rockets – Saudade
- Kate Bush – Aerial
- Peter Murphy – The Sweetest Drop
- Bjork – Cocoon
I suppose I should end here. I could easily map out my entire life via song, but the aforementioned are what’s been on a constant loop in my mind’s music player lately.
Tune in tomorrow for Five By Five Part 2.